Welcome to The Pen Of The Muses! The posts below are often about theological, philosophical, political, lit., or writing topics because that's what's really important to me and what I'm most excited about sharing. But I am human. Man lives not by deep theological concepts alone. Not everything I post will be weighty.

-D.C. Salmon

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Top 5ness-Avatar Characters

I am now instituting a weekly Top 5 (Known as "Top 5ness"), thanks to the influences of Mr. Davis! Now, considering my desktop back ground:

I decided to do: (you guessed it!) My top 5 favorite Avatar characters. :)

1. Uncle Iroh: Iroh is my favorite character, take all. He always stands up for what's right, sticks with Zuko even when rejected, forgives and gives help to those who need him. He could have been very bitter about the death of his son and the exile by his younger brother, but he turns the other cheek.

2. Zuko: Alright, I admit that Zuko deals with a little bit of an anger issue, but aside from that he is a really determined guy. His experiences brought him lower then any of the other characters in the show, and he emerged with his good qualities shining. He stood up against his dad and his council to defend the lives of Fire Nation soldiers and he's punished for it, but he still sticks up for right.

3. Toph: I like Toph mostly because I like her attitude. She's one of the most strong-willed people in the show. Nuff said.

4. Sokka: I like Sokka because I relate to him. Unfortunately I realized this in the first episode when he utterly fails at a fight with Zuko (while he's still a bad-guy of course). He's pretty funny, he's courageous, he loves his family and he's willing to die for the cause, and his friends and family.

5. Mai: The thing that notched Mai up onto this list was when she blatantly crossed Zuko's sister (Azula), and that was possibly the bravest thing she ever did. Blatantly contradicting Azula could have resulted in her torture, and death, and she knew it.

Honorable mentions: King Boomi (for his wisdom and general wackiness) and Katara (for her rousing Rhetorical abilities on the Earth-Nation prison ship)

No comments:

Post a Comment