Welcome to The Pen Of The Muses! The posts below are often about theological, philosophical, political, lit., or writing topics because that's what's really important to me and what I'm most excited about sharing. But I am human. Man lives not by deep theological concepts alone. Not everything I post will be weighty.

-D.C. Salmon

Friday, October 28, 2011

Why The Pen Of The Muses?

First: The Purpose of this blog-
 I started this blog because I do a lot of writing, mostly for school, and I want a place were I can post the more interesting works. I'll try to to bore any body who follows this blog. :) Also, I want a place where I can post my views on the world, and have discussions about them.I've found that Facebook just isn't quite the place for that.

Second: What's up with that name?
I decided on having part of the name be "The Pen" because that's my favorite thing to write with. "The Muses" were goddesses of Greek mythology. There were nine of them and they all had their own art: Epics, Hymns, History, Astronomy, Dance, Tragedy, Comedy Music, and Lyrics. And everything I post can hypothetically be placed under one of those categories.

Thank you to anybody who reads what I post.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I seem to have decided to bore the people who read this blog. The word 'not' is very important. Please feel free to insert it where it makes sense, because I can't seem to find a way to change this post. :/

    ReplyDelete