Welcome to The Pen Of The Muses! The posts below are often about theological, philosophical, political, lit., or writing topics because that's what's really important to me and what I'm most excited about sharing. But I am human. Man lives not by deep theological concepts alone. Not everything I post will be weighty.

-D.C. Salmon

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Post About Awesomeness Points..

As of today I am instituting the Official D.C. Salmon Awesomeness Points System! This system applies to all the people who know me. There are a few ways to get points:

-Answer questions (You will find little questions around my blog--and elsewhere *hint,hint*-- if you look carefully enough. When you send me an e-mail with the answer, you will receive points. Please go out of your way to find and answer questions.)

 -Advertise my organizations (Mainly this blog, by mentioning it on Facebook, Google+, your blog or any other place where people will find out about it. This is the other one where I would LOVE for you to go out of your way to get points.)

-Acts of service. (Pretty much just doing things for me. Like helping me edit something I wrote, or taking me to the EOTYG. ;) Almost any sized act will get points. I'll make it more fair by not counting most of the acts done for me by people that I've actually met.)

 -Be funny (Pretty much just in the way you act, things you say, things you post.. Don't change your habits or go out of your way to be extra funny though.. I'll just find that annoying..)

-Show talent (If you can prove that you can do something that I can't do then I'll give more points. You also get points for doing something I didn't expect you to be able to do. If it has to do with some of my interests, then even more points.)

-Writing! (This is actually mostly about my writing.. If you can prove that you think my writing is good you get points. I love it when people like my writing. So this doesn't mean say "Oh Cooper I love your writing soo much!" It means actually posting something that I wrote or something like that. Also if you get me to help you write something.. I like that. Re-working a sentence and stuff like that.)

-Other (Some other things that don't fit in any of those categories.. :P)


                                            Here's the way I envision Awesomeness Points:

By the end of the year some of your collections should look like this:




:)


I'm not actually going to tell you all the opportunities you have to get points. Sometimes you'll just have to guess. The things like when I ask questions are the easy ones. If you have an answer to a question you must send the answer in an e-mail. I will not except it if you post it as your status or send me a chat with the answer. In the e-mail please include the question that you answered, and "Bonus Points" in the subject. Also-if I probably won't give points for intentionally going out of your way to fulfill these, except for Answering Questions and Advertising My Organizations. Please feel free to do those as often as you can!

If you posted about my blog please e-mail me and include a link showing me when you did so. :)

Allie Presley is the first person to get bonus points for answering a question (Huzzah!!!), and Katie Montgomery and Meridian Paulton are currently tied for the lead, for taking me to the EOTYG and commenting a lot on my blog respectively.

Did I mention that the winner will get a prize? Point gathering for this year closes Dec. 15th, 2012. I'm gonna make it very worth your while. :) Keep competing!



2 comments:

  1. So I'm not just commenting here because you are going crazy and I want you to stop. But I truly think that this post is written correctly. And as much as I love competitions I would have to disagree a little with this idea. Although I think its a cool. I think people might make it so they are more like "Hey you are amazing." Just for points instead of realizing how truly amazing you are. But besides that great job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks. (: I'm glad you're lookin' out for me. Fortunately I find flattery really annoying.. Well, I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete