Welcome to The Pen Of The Muses! The posts below are often about theological, philosophical, political, lit., or writing topics because that's what's really important to me and what I'm most excited about sharing. But I am human. Man lives not by deep theological concepts alone. Not everything I post will be weighty.

-D.C. Salmon

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What beliefs I hold

What beliefs I hold (according to what I said on Facebook):


"I beleive in one God the Father, Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontious Pilot, was crucified to cleanse us of our sins, died and was buried. The third day He rose again form the dead, he later ascended into Heaven, where He sits at the right hand of the Father, waiting for the day which He will return to judge both the living and the dead. I beleive in one holy, and apostalic church. I beleive in the communion of the saints. I believe in the forgiveness of sins. I beleive that we can ONLY come to God through Christ because we as humans are desperately fallen and wicked. I beleive that evolution is a lie, that the liberal world-veiw (that denies miracles and resurrection from the dead) is not even Christian. I beleive that there is a place called Hell, that God will send all who do not put faith in Jesus Christ as their only salvation there for eternity. I beleive that God is just and loving."Here I stand. I can do no other."


I think I posted this during my year of Omnibus III, and some of the things we talked about where bogus religious beliefs. I wanted to be very clear about my faith, and still do. This whole thing is loosely based on The Apostle's Creed.



No comments:

Post a Comment